During the 2nd and 3rd trimester, right up to ‘D day’, soft tissue therapy is incredibly beneficial and healing.
Your particular benefits include:
- Relief from stress and helps the mother learn how to relax. Relaxation techniques are extremely useful tools during labour and delivery.
- Relief from muscle spasm and cramps, caused during pregnancy possible due to extra weight bearing and physical changes.
- Enhanced gestation process through increasing lymph circulation, blood circulation, cellular respiration and reducing oedema.
- Regular sessions provide emotions support and physical nurturing; this may be passed onto your baby.
- Help to reduce the negative effects and stress on the musculoskeletal system, from increased weight bearing, through improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Enables improved breathing capacity, necessary during labour and delivery
- Helps to reduced stress and anxiety
- Regular pain management, without the need for drugs.
- Encourages healing of soft tissue complaint (muscular and ligaments/tendons/fascia)
- Helps improve sleep
- Boosts the immune system
Please note: women with normal, low-risk pregnancies can greatly benefit from our treatments. If you do have a high-risk pregnancy, you will need to consult your doctor or midwife before beginning massage therapy.